Home | Fixtures, Results & Reports | League Table | Form Guide | Squad | Past Seasons
Gander Green Lane | Performance Guide / Honours | Honours Gallery | Wallpapers | Past Features | Links


2008/09 Reports:
Uís v Croydon Athletic, LC (02/12/08)

Final score: 2-0

Sutton took control of this league cup fixture early on and never really looked back. Billy Dunn got the U's on to the score board with a well placed low drive that just beat the 'keeper. Gavin McCallum latched on to a Matt Hann cross to bundle in the second and that was that. Croydon had a couple of chances to pull themselves back into the tie during the second half but debutant goalkeeper Darren Behcet was on hand to keep a clean sheet.

Team: D Behcet, G Heeroo, T Hughes, D Palmer (S Stannard), C Ottaway, M Hann, G Bentley, C Dundas, B Dunn (S McKimm), G McCallum (S Young), A Wilde. Subs (not used): J McLoughlin.

Goals: Dunn (4), McCallum (23).

Croydon: S Mott, J Williams, L Adams, S Osborn (L Ojo), R Blackwell, R Myers, N Green, D Waldren, S Rivers (A Greenway), S Baidoo, H Carnegie (T Bolarinwa). Sub (not used): J Olusanya.

Goals: -

Billy Dunn lines up his strike...

... The 'keeper looks back after beaing beaten by Dunn's drive

Gavin McCallum tries to block a clearance

Matt Hann races down the right wing and crosses the ball...

... McCallum meets Hann's cross...

... And ends up in the back of the net with the ball

Craig Dundas tries to get around a Croydon defender

Paul Doswell applauds the travelling support

Extra Match Photos

[Back to Top]

Uís v Harlow Town (06/12/08)

Final score: 3-0

Two second-half goals from Billy Dunn saw United to a comfortable victory after David Hughes had earlier benefitted from a goalkeeping error. Hughes's twenty-yard shot could only be palmed in by the 'keeper and the U's deserved their half-time lead, despite riding their luck when Harlow hit the post. Dunn extended United's lead with a shot from near the penalty spot before wrapping the game up with a precise finish when Karim El-Salahi laid the ball to him in the area. Between Dunn's efforts, Darren Behcet prevented Harlow's plans for a comeback when he dived low to his left to save a penalty. United could have added further to the scoreline with Adam Wilde, Matt Hann and Gavin McCallum all going close.

Team: D Behcet, S Downer, S Jackson, S McKimm (C Dundas), M Hann, K El-Salahi, D Palmer, D Hughes (G Heeroo), C Eribenne (G McCallum), B Dunn, A Wilde. Subs (not used): C Ottaway.

Goals: Hughes (19), Dunn (53, 68).

Harlow: J Hasell, M Taylor, S Holding (D Green), B Hollenbach, P Kear, R Kirby, L Lalite, J Fowler, J Richards (C Hill), J Bunn, S Gliddon. Subs (not used): T Adeyinka, T Bruno, J Peagram.

Goals: -

David Hughes hits a ferocious strike...

... Which Chukki Eribenne catchs in the net after it was
unsuccessfully parried by the 'keeper

An effort from Matt Hann is blocked

Billy Dunn strikes the ball...

... That deflects off a defender and in to the goal

Darren Behcet saves Harlow's penalty

Karim El-Salahi lays the ball off to Billy Dunn...

... Who places it in to the top right corner

Extra Match Photos

[Back to Top]

Uís v Epsom & Ewell, SSC (09/12/08)

Final score: 2-3

For the third week on the trot the U's found themselves playing another mid-week cup fixture. Epsom took the initiative early on when a quick break and a calm finish saw the E's take the lead just before the quarter hour. A couple of great one on one saves from Darren Behcet and the intervention of the crossbar kept it that way until Gavin McCallum was brought down just outside the box. Having made a couple of crucial saves already the 'keeper was powerless to stop Adam Wilde's exquisitely placed free-kick. After the break, a low drive from Gavin McCallum gave Sutton the lead. Epsom's 'keeper then continued where he left off in the first half and stopped the U's from increasing their lead. Former U Dale Marvell then put the sword to Sutton's defence to grab a 70th minute equaliser and an 87th minute winner to take the E's through to the next round.

Team: D Behcet, G Heeroo, C Ottaway, D Palmer, T Hughes, A Bray (S McKimm), A Wilde, B Graham, C Dundas, G McCallum, M Hann (S Young). Subs (not used): S Jackson.

Goals: Wilde (40), McCallum (51).

Epsom: N Harrowing, O Dicks (R Shoefield), J Hatfield, A Rodrigues, C West, G Dennis (B Hayward), G McLaughlin, D Marvell, R Burns, K Hough, M Rose. Subs (not used): J Ellis, B Radford, L White.

Goals: Hough (13), Marvell (70, 87)

Adam Wilde strikes from a tight angle...

... But it goes narrowly wide

Tom Hughes flicks the ball back over his shoulder...

... Only for the 'keeper to pull off a fine save

Gavin McCallum is brought down outside the box...

... Wilde strikes the resulting free-kick...

... And finds the top corner

Wilde celebrates his superb finish

McCallum give the U's the lead

Craig Dundas sends a volley just wide

Extra Match Photos

[Back to Top]

Uís v Ramsgate (13/12/08)

Final score: 1-3

After an even first half performance, with neither side really dominating the U's handed the Rams their first home win of the season. Sutton took the lead after Matt Hann got down the right wing and managed to pull the ball back for Chukki Eribenne. Eribenne fired the ball goalwards and it was possibly helped in by Billy Dunn from two yards out. Ramsgate drew level after Simon Jackson and Chris Collins couldn't combine to clear the danger, which allowed the Rams player to latch on to the loose ball and then round Darren Behcet to slot home in to the unguarded net. After the break Sutton's defedning woes continued as Ramsgate made the best of the conditions and their set pieces, managing to convert two of them. The U's almost grabbed a second with minutes to go, but a Rams defender sprawled himself along the goal line and kept the ball out with his arm before the 'keeper could recover to claim it. Unfortuantely the officials failed to see this through the mound of players that had built up in the six yard box.

Team: D Behcet, S Jackson, S Downer, C Collins, K El-Salahi, M Hann, S McKimm (G Heeroo), D Hughes, B Dunn (G McCallum), C Eribenne, A Wilde (C Dundas).

Goals: Dunn/Eribenne (20).

Ramsgate: J Delo, D Walder, T Wynter, N Davis, B Laslett, R Royston, B Brown, W Schulz, J May, S Pettit, A Hadden. Subs (not used): J Eastwood, D Powell, D Tanner, T Tsangarides, S Schoburgh.

Goals: Brown (36), Schulz (55), May (73).

Steve West slides to try and win the ball

Matt Hann pulls the ball back...

... Chukki Eribenne strikes the ball...

... Does Billy Dunn get a touch?

The players celebrate Sutton's goal

Adam Wilde attempts to cut out a pass

Hann is brought down outside the box,
but no free-kick was given

A defender takes a handful of Hann's shirt

Extra Match Photos

[Back to Top]

Uís v Ashford Town (Middx) (16/12/08)

Final score: 3-1

The U's took the lead, in this midweek fixture, when a looping ball hit the an airborne Craig Dundas's back and somehow beat the 'keeper and defenders on the line. Ashford drew level just before the break when an excellently placed free-kick beat Darren Behcet all hands down. Two superb second half strikes gave Sutton all three points. The first saw Gavin McCallum latch on to Behcet's long pass and then fore low across the 'keeper. Matt Hann then found the same corner of the goal after beating a couple of player's on the edge of the box.

Team: D Behcet, S Jackson, C Collins, S Downer, K El-Salahi, C Dundas, S McKimm, D Hughes, M Hann (G Heeroo) , G McCallum (S West) , C Eribenne (B Dunn). Subs (not used): A Bray, A Wilde.

Goals: Dundas (6), McCallum (59), Hann (81)

Ashford: tbc

Goals: Johnson (45)

The ball comes off Craig Dundas's back...

... And somehow goes in

Matt Hann's stooping header ends up going away from goal

Hann misses a difficult volleyed effort

Gavin McCallum hits the U's second

McCallum is congratulated by David Hughes and Hann

Hann seals the win with this strike

Matt celebrates his, well taken, goal

Extra Match Photos

[Back to Top]

Uís v Wealdstone (20/12/08)

Final score: 3-2

Sutton were determined to make up for the drubbing that the Stones had dished out earlier in the season, but didn't do it the easy way. After, Wealdstone took the lead it was an excellent whipped in cross from Billy Dunn that Steve West met on the full to level for the first time. Wealdstone restored their lead in the second half only to have, substitute, Dean Palmer pop up in the box to poke home under the 'keeper. To round off the come back Adam Wilde confidently put away a spot kick after Simon Downer was brought down in the box.

Team: P Nicholls, S Jackson, C Collins, S Downer, A Bray, C Dundas, S McKimm, D Hughes (D Palmer), M Hann, B Dunn (A Wilde), S West (G Heeroo).

Goals: West (11), Palmer (76), Wilde (86 pen)

Wealdstone: S Thomas, C Martin, L Chappell, D Locke (J Gray),A Massey, D Hicks, K Forbes, C OíLeary, D Haule, G Ngoyi (R Ashe), D Spendlove. Subs (not used): L Woods, M McCoy.

Goals: Locke (6), Spendlove (71)

An out of focus Steve West connects with Billy Dunn's cross...

... And the ball screams in to the net

Dunn beats the 'keeper but can't beat the man on the line

The ball catches West in the face and bounces wide

Dean Palmer enjoys celebrating his equaliser

Simon Downer is brought down in the box

Adam Wilde scores the winner from the spot

Wilde takes in the fan's applause

Extra Match Photos

[Back to Top]

Uís v Carshalton (27/12/08)

Final score: 2-0

Sutton finished off 2008 by giving the supporters the late Christmas present that was at the top of all of their lists. It all got off on the right foot early on when Steve West rose in the box to head Steve McKimm's cross back across the goal. There the ball was met by the flying David Hughes who caught the ball exquisitely on the volley, which then flew past the on coming 'keeper into the net. The U's then settled down and for the rest of the first half the ball was predominantly held in the midfield. The second period saw Carshalton come out brightly, but they couldn't turn their possession in to chances at goal. The match swung back in the U's favour when Billy Dunn and Gavin McCallum were brought on for Matt Hann and Steve McKimm. Dunn's pace immediately livened up the yellow's attack. Having scored the opener Hughes turned provider for Sutton's second, playing the ball to Dunn out on the left wing Dunn proceeded to burst in to the Carshalton box and then fire a low shot past the 'keeper. Sutton then saw out the remainder of the match to take all three points.

Team: P Nicholls, S Jackson, C Collins, S Downer, A Bray, C Dundas, S McKimm (G McCallum), D Hughes, D Palmer, M Hann (B Dunn), S West (G Heeroo). Subs (not used): A West, T Hughes.

Goals: Hughes (4), Dunn (77)

Carshalton: S Overland, D Graves (S Cooper), D Carpenter, L Gonsalves, A Toppin, J Evans, B Stevens (K Beckford), J England, J Kadi (D Clarke), R Jolly, R Martin. Subs (not used): R Bouadji.

Goals: -

Steve West heads Steve McKimm's cross towards Daivd Hughes...

... Hughes times his volley to perfection...

...And the U's celebrate an early goal

Billy Dunn cuts in from the left...

... Beats the keeper with a low shot...

... And continues on his run to celebrate his goal

Matt Hann is narrowly beaten to the ball on the edge of the box

Paul Doswell enjoys the victory

Extra Match Photos

[Back to Top]

Comments and suggestions to the webmaster | Site Map | Legal Stuff / Credits